How do parasites and pathogens interact with each other and their host?
This question is at the centre of my research activity that mostly involves the following arthropods: the honeybee, Apis mellifera and the sheep tick, Ixodes ricinus.
Several aspects are investigated including ecology, behaviour, immunity, physiology, chemical ecology, using many different techniques, including analytical chemistry, molecular biology and others.
Following a more detailed list of research interests and projects.
- Chemical ecology of arthropods.
- Biology of Varroa destructor Anderson & Trueman, parasite of the honeybee.
- Apis mellifera L. pathology.
- Ecology of the sheep tick Ixodes ricinus L. and its role as a vector of human diseases.
- Beekeeping for rural development
- Pathogens and parasites of Apis mellifera L. and their role in colony collapse.
- Effect of multiple stress factors on honey bee health.
- Ecology of Ixodes ricinus L. and its role as a vector of human diseases.