FRANCO CESCON - CV
Department of Economics and Statistics, University of Udine, Via Tomadini 30/a, 33100 Udine (I), E-mail: franco.cescon [at] uniud.it
• Degree in Business Administration (Economia Aziendale), Faculty of Economics, University of Venice, Venice, I, (November, 1982)
• Research Fee, M.Sc. Accounting and Finance, Department of Accounting and Finance, The London School of Economics (LSE), London, UK, (October 1989 to April 1990)
• Visiting Scholar of Accounting, Department of Accounting and Finance, The London School of Economics, London, UK, (September 1996 to October 1996).
• Senior Professor, University of Udine, I, (November, 2016)
• Full Professor of Business Administration, University of Udine, I, (December, 2006)
• Associate Professor of Business Administration, University of Udine, I, (November, 2001)
• Researcher of Business Administration, University of Udine, I, (February, 1992)
• Research Assistant of Economia Aziendale, Faculty of Economics, University of Venice, Venice, I, (1984 to 1988)
• Management Accounting and Control
• Stratigic Management Accounting
• Costing for Decision-making and Control
• Investment Appraisal in Advanced Manufacturing Systems
• Financial Management, mainly based on analytical models
• Cescon, F., 2018, Strategic cost and cash flow analysis to invest in new product development: An integrate perspective, In: Tendenze nuove negli studi economico-aziendali: L’evoluzione dei rapporti azienda-società, a cura di Schillaci, C.E., Società Editrice il Mulino, p. 457-483, ISBN 978-88-15-28057-2.
• Cescon, F., 2018, [with Costantini, A., Grassetti, L.], Strategic Choices and strategic management accounting in large manufacturing firms, Journal of Management and Governance, () 1-32, DOI 10.1007/S10997-018-9431-y.
• Cescon, F., 2015, [with Costantini, A., Rossi, G], Business Strategy and Ownership: How Do They Affect Management Accounting Innovations and Risk Management in Large Firms in Italy, in: “Il Ruolo dell’azienda nell’economia. Esiste un modello aziendale orientato alla crescita?, a cura di Nicola di Cagno, Giorgio Invernizzi, Alessandro Mechelli e Marta Ugolini, Collana Aidea, Società Editrice Il Mulino, pp. 217-231, ISBN 978-88-15-25462-7.
• Cescon, F., 2015, Costing per il controllo, McGraw-Hill Education (Italia), Milano, p. 1-140, ISBN: 978-88-386-7481-5.
• Cescon, F., 2012, The impact of AMT firm characteristics on innovative costing techniques and non-financial measures of performance, in: Performance Measurement and Management Control: Global Issues, edited by Davila, A., Epstein, M., C., Manzoni, J-F,.
vol. 25, p. 91-115, Emerald Group Publishing Limited, ISSN: 978-1-78052-910-3, DOI: 10.1108/S1479-3512 (2012) 0000025007.
• Cescon, F., 2010, The Influence of AMT Firm Characteristics on Innovative Costing Techniques: A Contingency-Based Study. In: a cura di Giuseppe Airoldi, Giorgio Brunetti, Guido Corbetta, e Giorgio Invernizzi, Economia Aziendale e Management: Scritti in onore di Vittorio Coda, p. 679-696, Milano: Egea, ISBN: 978-88-238-1104-1.
• Cescon, F., 2010, Investment in New Manufacturing Systems: An Italian-based empirical analysis, Economia aziendale Online, 1/2010, p. 13-26, ISSN: 1826-4719.
• Cescon, F., 2006, Analisi finanziaria per il controllo di gestione, Novara: Isedi De Agostini, p.1-254, ISBN: 88-8008-322-8.
• Cescon, F., 2004, Rilevazioni e determinazioni quantitative d’azienda, Giuffrè Editore, Milano, vol. 9, p. 1-271 + CD, ISBN: 88-14-11342-4.
• Cescon, F., 2002, Short-term Perceptions, Corporate Governance and the Management of R & D in Italian Companies, The Journal of Management and Governance, Vol. 6, No. 3, p. 255-270, ISSN: 1385-3457.
• Cescon, F., 2001, La programmazione degli investimenti nella transizione ai nuovi ambienti industriali, Cedam, Padova, p. 1-266, ISBN: 88-13-23603-4.
• Cescon, F., 2000, [with B. Brunetti], Management Accounting, Costing and the New Business Environment, In (edited) Shry Bhagwan Dahiya, The Current State of Business Disciplines, Volume 5, Management II, p. 2513-2532, Rothak, Spellbound Publication PTV, India, ISBN: 81-7600-054-X.
• Cescon, F., 1998, Investment Appraisal and Measures of Performance in Italian Divisionalised Companies, The Journal of Management and Governance, 2; 191-212, ISSN: 1385-3457.
• Cescon, F., 1998, [with G. Brunetti], Capital Markets and Corporate Governance in Italian Companies: A Study on Short-termism, In (edited by) I. Demirag, Corporate Governance, Accountability and Pressures to Perform: An International Study, Stamford: JAI Press Inc, USA; Vol. 2, p. 269-295, ISBN: 0-7623-0420-0.
Research Presentations (recent)
• European Institute of Advanced Study in Management (EIASM), Brussels, Belgium, December 2018.
• Accademia Italiana di Economia aziendale, (AIDEA), University of Roma Tre, Rome, Italy, September 2017.
• Società Italiana di Ragioneria e di Economia Aziendale (SIDREA), University of Pisa, Italy, September 2016.
• Accademia Italiana di Economia aziendale, (AIDEA), University of Lecce, Lecce, Italy, September 2013.
• European Institute of Advanced Study in Management (EIASM), Nice, France, September 2011.
• University Bocconi, Milan, Italy, December 2009.
• European Institute of Advanced Study in Management (EIASM), Brussels, Belgium, December 2008.
Select Service to School:
• Director, PhD Programme in Business Studies, University of Udine, Italy, (May 2006 to May 2011).
• Deputy Director, Department of Finance, University of Udine, Italy, (October 2005 to December 2010).