The Body Lab UdinE (BLUE) is part of the Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory at the University of Udine and is coordinated by Dr. Cosimo Urgesi.
Current Lab Members are:
- Dr. Lucia Amoruso, who is Marie Skłodowska-Curie Research Fellow at the University of Udine and works on the neural and behavioral based of Contextual modulation of action prediction in Autism;
- Dr. Alessandra Finisguerra, who is post-doc at the University of Udine, working on the neuropsychological bases of emotion and social perception.
Our major expertise is in single pulse and repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) of body and action representation. In recent years, we havetranslated the results of our basic neuroscience researches on the neuropsychological and neurophysiologic evaluation of brain lesion and mental disorders patients.
Our research interests include the study of the:
- neural bases and development of corporeal knowledge;
- neural mechanisms involved in action prediction and anticipation,
- neural and cognitive correlates of elite sport performance and sport learning;
- neural bases of self-transcendence.
We have a strong link with the Scientific Institute “E. Medea”, a research child hospital specialized for neurodevelopmental disorders, where we conduct research activity on the neuropsychological bases of social perception in neurodevelopmental disorders.
Clinical and basic research activity on adults is conducted at the Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation Laboratory (TMS-Lab) at the Hospital Gervasutta of Udine, established in collaboration with the University of Udine and the Scientific Institute (IRCCS) “E. Medea”. The TMS-lab (two rooms) is equipped with:
a) three Magstim TMS devices (Bistim, Rapid and Rapid2);
b) Nicolet Viking IV and Biopac MP-36 Electromyography and Psychophysiology recording systems;
c) Neuronavigation System (EMS Softaxic);
d) eye tracking system (Applied Science Laboratory EYE-TRACK-6 desktop);
e) tDCS device (EMS brainstim).
Our activity is currently supported by the following Research Grants:
2015-2017: European Commission, H2020-MSCA-IF-2014 NBUCA - Neural and behavioral underpinnings of contextual modulations in Autism. University of Udine.
2014-2016: European Commission, FP7, Marie Curie Intra-European Fellowships for Career Development (IEF). SPIRIT - Spiritual Brains and Embodied Minds: Neural bases of Self-transcendence and Empathy. Bangor University, Wales, UK.
2015-2018: Scientific Institute Eugenio Medea, Current Research Program 2015-206. Social perception abilities in neurodevelopmental disorders.
2013-2017: Italian Ministry of University and Scientific Research, Future in Research Program 2012. Neuropsychological bases of social and emotion perception.